Advanced Concepts Engineer
Tomahawk Robotics is a collaborative team of technologists with deep experience in defense. We bring a built-in desire to challenge the military industrial status quo - to do better. We take pride in what we do and see it as a privilege to safeguard the warriors whose lives depend on how they use our technology under the most extreme, stressful conditions. Our unified, common control solution is designed to strip out complexity, cost, and risk.
Tomahawk Robotics is seeking an Advanced Concepts Engineer to lead our expanding efforts to deliver and develop the next generation of robotic command and control capabilities for Tomahawk’s defense customers. This role requires both technical and sales skills. The ideal candidate will be able to understand customer needs and requirements to assist in the qualification and close of sales opportunities. The purpose of this position is to be a trusted advisor to customers and prospects.
- 5 to 10 year’s experience working in Pre-Sales, Post Sales, Professional Services, or customer facing engineering experience
- Direct systems engineering experience developing new solutions from a concept architecture perspective
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal to all levels of users – developers to C-levels
- Excellent presentation skills from 1:1 to large groups. Both PowerPoint and white boarding
- Ability to position, discuss and counter solution validation, using objection-handling skills
- High aptitude for solving problems in a creative way, with focus and attention to details
- Time management skills with the ability to prioritize accordingly and thrive in a fast-paced environment with minimal direct supervision
- Demonstrated competence as a technical/proposal writer
- Ability to travel as necessary
- M.S. or B.S. degree in engineering or equivalent technical field
- Work closely with prospective customers, gathering information on their use cases and developing concepts that leverage the Tomahawk Robotics product portfolio to meet these needs
- Act as subject matter expert in Tomahawk Robotics products for customers and prospects
- Customize customer engagement materials for customers
- Support customer demonstrations
- Lead proposal development efforts
- Work with Product Management to prioritize and define customer enhancement requests
- Authorized to work in the United States
Location for this role is Melbourne, FL other locations may be suitable depending on candidate experience.